This is my modified version of Iranian Eggplant Dip (Kashkeh Bademjan)
What you need:
2 large Eggplant, peeled and sliced in chunks
2 Onion, sliced
1 clove Minced Garlic
2 Cups Fresh Mint Leaves, blend with 2 Tbsp olive oil
Olive oil for pan fried eggplants
2 Tbsp Sour Cream
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1 tsp Chilli Powder
1.5 tsp Tumeric Powder
1 Tbsp Fried Shallot, ready purchased from Asian grocer
1/2 Tbsp Soy sauce
1. Panfried eggplants in batches on high heat with a little olive oil. (ref picture). Set aside. Slice the eggplants into small pieces.
2. Heat a separate frypan with 1Tbsp olive oil and stir in the blended mint leaves till slightly darken and fragrant. Set the leaves aside.
3. Use the same frypan and cook onion till soften and caramelised. Add garlic, the eggplants #1 & mint leaves #2 back in. Mix well on the stove with medium heat.
4. Add all the spices into the mixture. Salt to taste and soy sauce. Stir in sour cream.
5. Blend the mixture (optional) or use the spatula to mash the mixture into finer texture.
Garnish with some fried shallots and more mint. Serve with Pita bread or Greek Flat bread.