Winter is here. I tend to use the ingredients in season for a simple cheat pie with ready-made frozen puffy pastry, perfect for a comfort weekend meal to warm up the system.
3 Chicken thigh fillets (200g)
400g Button mushroom (sliced)
1 bunch Silverbeet (roughly chopped)
2 onions (sliced)
3 gloves Garlic (finely chopped)
10 slices Swiss cheese
2t Fresh Thyme or dried Thyeme
3T Olive oil
Pinch of salt & black pepper
3 sheets Puff pastry
Preheat oven to 180 degree
1. Heat up olive oil in a deep sauté pan, add onions and sauté for 5 min till soft. Then add chicken, cook for 2 minutes before adding mushroom and cook for further 1 min.
2. Add silverbeet, thyme & seasonings; mix well and cook till it wilts. Remove from the heat. Drain excess liquid.
3. Whisk eggs, cream. Put aside.
4. Layer puff pastry onto a deep baking tray. Transfer all the chicken mixture into the tray onto the pastry. Pour the cream mixture over it. In between, layer Swiss cheese slices on.
5. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until puffed and golden.