This is a wonderful dish that can be prepared one day early for BBQ.
Pork chops 3
Garlic 3 cloves (Finely chopped)
Ground five spice 1t
Soy sauce 2.5t
Tapioca starch 1 cup (can substitute with bread crumbs and flour instead)
Vegetable or peanut oil 1.5 cup
- Marinate the pork chops with soy sauce, garlic, Five spice powder, sugar.
- Cover in a bowl or container and leave in the fridge over night. (or a few hours)
- Beat the egg and place in a deep platel.
- Place the tapioca powder in a deep plate separately.
- Use a toothpick and prick the pork chop (for easy frying and better presentation so it doesn’t curl up)
- Heat the fry-pan with oil; dip the pork chop lightly into the tapioca starch (flour) then straight into the egg and back to tapioca starch (bread crumbs) for the 2nd coating.
- Fry the pork chop for 2 min on one side and flip over to the 2nd side for another 4 min. (depends on how thick the pork is)
- Put it aside to drain the oil.
- Serve with salad, rice or enjoy as it is.
* You can pan fry the pork chop without the tapioca starch. Simply omit the egg and starch.