This is one of the most common dishes in any Asian households. Any proteins can be substituted and flavors vary on personal preference.
Usually a 15 min quick dinner is ready after a late night after work.
Beef 250 g
Shallot 5 stalks
Garlic 2 cloves
Fresh chilli 4 (personal preference)
Soy sauce 1 T
Sugar 1 t
Sesame oil 1 t
Corn starch 1.5 t (or potato starch)
Oil (of any kind) 2 T
- Slice beef into approx. 0.5 cm thick, and marinate with soy sauce, sugar sesame oil and corn starch for at least 5 min.
- Chop shallots into 5 cm long, divide the white parts and green parts into two bowls; garlic into thin slices & chilli into smaller pieces (I like to leave the seeds as they are, you can deseed them)
- Heat the pan with some oil, throw in the white bits of shallots, chilli and garlic, pan fry for a couple minutes till fragrant.
- Add point 1 in, spread it evenly into the pan and cooked the beef till your liking. Quickly throw in the green remaining shallots in. Ready to serve.
- (if you like, basil can be added instead)