Same as Option 1 for Pie Crust
Except the method and what you need for the filling is slightly altered for a thicker & dense consistency.
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Butter
1 Tbsp rum or bourbon or vanilla extract
2/3 Cup Golden Syrup
1.5 to 2 Cups Pecan (depends on how much pecan you prefer) – chopped half roughly and leave half for topping
1/3 light cream
Pinch of Salt
1. Melt the butter, brown sugar, bourbon, golden syrup at low heat and stir with a spatula until it starts to bubble. Leave until cool to room temperature.
2. Stir in the chopped pecan, mix well.
3. Whisk eggs and cream. Slowly pour into the pecan syrup mix.
4. Pour the filling into the pie tray already laid with the short crust (see Option 1 on how)
5. Decorate with the rest of the pecan on top carefully so they don’t sink.
6. Baked at 180 degree Celsius for 45 to 60 min (until the center is not sticky) and let it stay in the oven until cool.