650 g Chinese Turnip (shredded or finely sliced)
150 g Rice Flour
30 g Water Chestnut Starch
280 ml Water
30 g Vegetable Oil
120 g Smoked Chinese Sausage, diced finely
30 g Dried shrimps (soaked in water first to soften the texture), diced finely
10 g Dried Scallop (soaked in water, then sliced) – Optional
16 g Sugar
3 g White Pepper Powder
8 g Sesame Oil
5 g Salt
1. Steamed the shredded turnip for 10 minutes, keep all the water that comes out of the turnip along. Nothing’s wasted.
2. Heat up a deep fry pan with the oil, fry the diced sausages and shrimps until fragrant. Then pour the steamed turnip into the mix carefully without breaking too much the shape of the turnip slices, add sesame oil in. Turn off the heat.
3. Mix the flours with the water, add sugar, white pepper power, salt. Stir until there’s no clumps.
4. Pour the flour mixture into the fry pan with the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. The consistence cannot be too watery. Depends on your preference, if you like it denser, then add less water into the mixture.
6. To serve as it is or re-steamed or reheat in the microwave. Normally it is cut into 7 cm by 7 cm square and pan fried.